News about The Mall

Having trouble reading this email? Click here to view in browser

The Mall reopens

The Mall News

Walthom Forest

Have you say on proposals for The Mall

The Mall sqaure

Capital and Regional is holding two drop-in engagement events to share updated details of The Mall redevelopment proposals at the former YumYum Unit, 202 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 4BS from 10am to 6pm on Friday 25 October and Saturday 26 October 2019.

These are being held before aplanning application is submitted for the proposed changes.

Find out more and have your say

Walthamstow Central Bus Station

The drop-in engagement events will provide details of:

  • An application from Capital & Regional to make improvements to the existing planning permission to improve design and layout, incorporate a potential future station entrance to the Victoria Line and speed up the delivery programme.
  • A new planning application from Transport for London for a new entrance to the Walthamstow Central underground station with a bigger ticket hall.

This proposal deliver 20 per cent affordable housing on site and provides a further 10 per cent financial contribution to Waltham Forest Council to deliver a total of 30 per cent affordable housing, including homes for social rent.

Both applications will be reported to the Council’s Planning Committee and will need to be referred to the Greater London Authority (GLA)

No changes to the scheme for the Town Square are proposed.

The number of trees in the Town Square will be increased, compared to the number currently there.

In addition Waltham Forest Council has pledged it will plant five additional trees for each tree removed from the Town Square.

These trees will be planted in different parts of the borough to help improve air quality for future generations across Waltham Forest.

Update on fire damage

The Mall fire damage summer 2019

Most of the shops in The Mall are now open for business following the major fire this summer, and more are aiming to be open ready for Christmas shoppers.

Some of the businesses have taken the opportunity to refurbish their stores as part of dealing with the fire and water damage.

Unfortunately, part of the roof of the building needs to be replaced as a result of the fire and a planning application for this will be submitted in due course.

Keep in touch with what is happening at The Mall

Climate change banner

Click on the image to complete the survey

Sign up and Stay Connected

Stay Connected square banner

You received this newsletter because you signed up for news about The Mall or Walthamstow Town Centre.

There are now email newsletters set up for most of the Council's services plus regeneration sites across Waltham Forest so if you are interested in other services please sign up for those newsletters too.

Please encourage friends and family to sign up so they too can stay connected with what's happening in our borough.


Sign up for email newsletters for your area

Manage preferences or unsubscribe

Privacy Policy

Contact us