The Lambeth Homeowner

View online

The Lambeth Homeowner

banner example 4

Civic Centre move and our new postal address

The inside of the civic centre

Over the past few months we’ve been working on completing the new Lambeth Civic Centre. 

The move will drastically reduce our number of core office buildings, improve accessibility for visitors, as well as provide over 200 new homes.

From 9 April, we’ll be providing our customer facing services from the new Civic Centre. This is only a short distance from our previous drop-in centre at Olive Morris House.

Our new office address is Civic Centre, 6 Brixton Hill, London, SW2 1EG.

As part of the changes to the way we work, we’ve introduced an online booking system for appointment. If you need to speak to anyone about your issue in person, you can make an appointment by visiting the bookings website

We also have a new postal address for if you want to send queries to us by post: London Borough of Lambeth, PO Box 734, Winchester, SO23 5DG. 

The new postal address will make our postal process more efficient and as well as saving us money. 

Please ensure that you address it to 'Homeownership Services' if it is intended for our department. 

Major works payment options and loans

person at computer

Some homeowners may be receiving major works invoices as part of their 2018/19 estimate service charges. We carry out major works when we need to make important repairs or upgrades to the building or estate. We realise that major works costs can be substantial, so there are a range of payment options to help you spread out the cost.

Among these options, we offer a range of loans with an interest rate fixed at the Bank of England base rate, plus 4%, for the whole term of the loan. You may be able to access one of these loans if your bank, or building society, will not lend you the money. 

Take a look at the different options available to you

If you would like to take out a loan to pay a major works invoice, please get in touch with us for an application form. We strongly recommend that you also get independent financial advice, and talk to your mortgage provider if you have one, before entering any financial agreement.

GLA warmer homes scheme

GLA warmer homes scheme

Would your home benefit from a new boiler, better insulation, or other similar improvements?

The Mayor of London has introduced a £2.5m scheme to help those homeowners who receive benefits to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. If you qualify, you could receive up to £4000 worth of improvements.

The scheme is run on a first-come, first-served basis so if you think you might qualify then please submit your application as soon as possible.

You can find more details at the GLA’s website.


person at computer

We’re continuing to monitor how well we answer your calls. In the last year from 1 April 2017 to 2 March 2018, our collections team answered over 13,500 separate calls. We answered most of them within 10 seconds; 44.17% of the total were answered within just 5 seconds and 42.67% in between 5 and 10 seconds.

Overall, the department (including the central income team, right to buy team and others) answered over 60,000 calls in the same period – the majority again within 10 seconds.

If you call us using a mobile phone, you will now often be given the chance to take part in a short text survey to give us your feedback on the call.

Lambeth Homeowners Association

Lambeth Homeowners Association (LHA) is run by leaseholders for the benefit of leaseholders and other homeowners who pay a service charge to Lambeth Council. It was set up following the changes to the resident engagement structures that we introduced in 2017. These changes incorporate three Area Boards for tenant and resident issues and a specific Homeowners' Assembly that will meet twice a year for leaseholder discussions. The LHA exists outside of the council engagement model. 

Homeowners can join Lambeth Homeowners Association by emailing

Key contacts within homeownership services and repairs


Right to buy team
Tel: 020 7926 6524

Major works consultation team
Tel: 020 7926 6521

Customer services team
Tel: 020 7926 1116

Collections team
Tel: 020 7926 7132

How do I report a housing repair?
You can report a repair online or by telephone on 020 7926 6000.

Do you sublet your property?
If you plan to sublet your property, you will need to first contact homeownership services to ensure you are not in breach of lease by doing so.