Wait List will open for 150 family housing units Aug. 1 - 4

 Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.  

Wait List will open for 150 family housing units Aug. 1

he Metropolitan Council’s Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Metro HRA, will open its waiting list for 150 available units specifically for families through its Family Affordable Housing Program. Eligible families can apply from Aug. 1 through Aug. 4.

The Metro HRA offers single family homes, duplexes and townhomes throughout suburban Hennepin, suburban Ramsey, and Anoka counties. Housing units include two, three, four, and five bedroom choices.

Apply Tuesday Aug. 1 through noon Friday Aug. 4

METRO HRA will accept online applications ONLY from Tuesday, Aug. 1 at 8 a.m. through noon, Friday, Aug. 4.

To qualify and apply

In order to qualify, annual gross income cannot exceed the following limits:

  • $36,200 for 2 people
  • $40,700 for 3 people
  • $45,200 for 4 people
  • $48,850 for 5 people
  • $52,450 for 6 people
  • $56,050 for 7 people
  • $59,700 for 8 people

Apply online 24 hours a day

Eligible applicants should apply online 24 hours a day, during the designated time period. Applicants may use any computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet access, including free computers at public libraries.

Waiting list placement

Metro HRA will award 95% of waiting list placements to applicants who live, work, or attend school full-time in the 7-county metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington counties). The remaining 5% of waiting list placements will be awarded to any other applicant.

Up to 2,000 applicants will be placed on the waiting list through a random drawing of applications received.

Units are within close proximity to neighborhood parks, convenience centers, shopping, schools, bus lines. Applicants may choose any or all the areas they are willing to live. Communities include Blaine, Coon Rapids, Edina, Eden Prairie, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Richfield, Roseville, Shoreview.

More information

Learn more about the METRO HRA and its role administering federal housing programs.

The Metropolitan Council is the regional planning organization for the seven-county Twin Cities metro area. It runs the regional bus and light rail system, and Northstar Commuter rail. The Council collects and treats wastewater, manages regional water resources, plans regional parks, and administers funds that provide housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income individuals and families. The Council is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the governor.


This is important housing information. If you do not understand it, have someone translate it for you now.

Información importante acerca de las viviendas. Si usted no lo comprende, pida a alguien que le traduzca ahora.

Qhov no yog lus tseem ceeb heev qhia txog tsev nyob. Yog tias koj tsis tau taub thov hais rau lwm tus pab txhais rau koj.

Это важная информация о жилпощади.Если Вы её не понимаете, попросите кого-нибудь сейчас перевести её Вам.

Kani waa warbixin muhiim ah ee ku saabsan guriyaha.Haddii aadan fahamsaneyn waa in aad heshaa hadeertaan qof kuu tarjumaa