Resources to submit storm damage assessments to the Maine Emergency Management Agency

View as a webpage  /  Share

Agricultural Resource Development

The Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry is aware that the recent major storm events have been extremely challenging to our farming community. To effectively address the impacts of the storms, it is imperative that the extent and nature of the damage sustained by businesses is accurately captured and reported.

DACF encourages agriculture sector businesses to submit damage assessments using the Maine Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) forms linked below.

The recommendation is to document damages associated with each separate storm event. Even if infrastructure is damaged multiple times, images, measurements, etc., from each event should be captured to the best of your ability between events. Please take photos and measurements of damages and any temporary or permanent repairs between events.

Please note that completion of a damage assessment form does not mean that funding is or will be available to help cover the costs incurred by storm damage.

Homeowners can use the Individual and Household form to report uninsured damages to their residence (primary dwelling only). 

Damage assessment is ongoing and critical at the local level. Individuals and businesses can help MEMA assess the need to request potential federal emergency support by documenting the impact of the storm. It’s important to accurately document your damages as soon as possible (e.g., within a week). 

Please note that if you require assistance filling out the forms, please dial 2-1-1.

Thank You.