Flood recovery-related Home Access Program application deadline is June 15

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Creek Restoration

For Immediate Release

May 13, 2016

Media Contact
Matt Betz, Flood Recovery Planner,

Flood recovery-related Home Access Program application deadline is June 15

All full-time residences with unpermitted or temporary bridges are encouraged to apply

Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County is working to improve the community’s resilience to high water and flooding events by ensuring that undersized and unsafe water-crossing structures are in compliance with Boulder County Code. There may be financial assistance available to help homeowners repair and properly permit accesses through the Home Access Program, funded by Community Development Block Grant- Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR).

The deadline for applications for the Home Access Program is Wednesday, June 15, and no new applications will be accepted after this date.

The Home Access Program provides 100 percent grant assistance for bridge and culvert repair or replacement projects. The funding can assist property owners with all expenses associated with the replacement or repair of flood-damaged bridges, culverts, private roads, driveways, and county unmaintained roads. All primary residence homeowners (owner-occupied and full-time rental properties) who owned the property at the time of the 2013 Flood are invited to apply to the CDBG-DR Home Access Program, regardless of income level.

In April, Boulder County personnel began following-up with homeowners regarding the status of their private bridges and culverts, as well as driveways and private roads. Residents who are unsure as to the status of existing access structures should contact Amy Willits at 303-441-4821.

It is important to remember that Flood Recovery Access Permits (FRAPs) issued by Boulder County immediately after the flood were only temporary permits, and require additional review and permanent permitting for the structure to be considered in compliance with Boulder County Code. If you received a FRAP or have made post-flood repairs to your structure without obtaining a permit, your structure may require additional action.

For questions about permit status or the permitting process, please contact Amy Willits, Flood Recovery Planner, at 303-441-4821 or awillits@bouldercounty.org

For questions about the CDBG-DR Home Access Program and eligibility, please contact Matt Betz, Flood Recovery Planner, at 303-441-1723 or mbetz@bouldercounty.org