Emergency Conflagration Act in Response to the Grandview Fire

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Emergency Conflagration Act in Response to the Gradview Fire

For more information: (503) 373-0000, option 1 for information about over-dimension loads; (503) 378-6699 for information about registration services 

July 12, 2021

Governor Kate Brown invoked the Emergency Conflagration Act today in response to the Grandview Fire in Jefferson County. The Governor’s declaration cleared the way for the State Fire Marshal to mobilize firefighters and equipment to assist local resources battling the fire.

Here are few things to remember for those carriers that are moving equipment for the emergency:

  • The Emergency Order granting suspension of certain motor carrier regulations in response to Oregon wildfire activity can be found here. This document serves as the permit for loads operation on legal axle weights up to 105,500 that do not already have an annual permit to operate on the interstate and state highways of Oregon. Please carry a copy of this declaration in your vehicle
  • For loads outside of the parameters covered by the Emergency Order, contact the Over-Dimension Permit Unit between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays at 503-373-0000.
  • To acquire an over-dimension permit when responding to an emergency outside of normal business hours call 503-931-1541
  • Please notify the permit analyst that you are responding to an emergency so your permit can be expedited

Please note, vehicles responding to fire emergencies are required to enter open scale facilities when a sign posted before the scale reads:

  • “All Trucks Over 20,000 pounds GVWR Next Right”
  • Or trucks with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or greater without a posted sign unless they are operating with red warning lights and/or siren.

For current road conditions, visit TripCheck.


Learn how we’re evolving to build a modern transportation system
based on sufficient funding and equity. www.oregon.gov/odot/Pages/SAP

Trip Check

For help determining authorized alternate routes, contact the agency’s Over Dimension Permit Unit, (503) 373-0000, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. For current construction and travel information, visit www.tripcheck.com or dial 511.