Update on part-time student employee reporting at community colleges (PA 328 and PA 512)

Michigan Office of Retirement Services - Message for Public School Employers

For Michigan Community Colleges only

It’s time to update you on the process for complying with PA 328 and PA 512, and to let you know what to expect in the coming months. We created a web page (for Community Colleges only) to use as you work with ORS to comply with PA 328 and PA 512:

Part-Time Student Employee Reporting Audit

This page provides an audit overview, action timelines, frequently asked questions (FAQ), and links to employer and employee communications. It will be updated with any future communications or clarifications as the project proceeds.

Please review the information on the web page, and if you have questions that are not addressed in the FAQ, please contact Employer Reporting at ORS_Web_Reporting@michigan.gov or 800‑381‑5111.