Buying a home presents challenges for purchasers and lenders. Now, clients that don't initially qualify for a mortgage loan under a GSFA Program have access to FREE homeownership counseling.
Lenders can link consumers with pre- and post-purchase financial counseling, in order to improve their opportunities for success as homeowners, while focusing their time and energy on working with pre-qualified individuals. Homebuyers have access to trained personnel who will answer questions, address concerns, and help them identify barriers and establish short- and long-term goals to achieve the dream of owning a home.
Services made available through a unique partnership with National Council of La Raza (NCLR). Services are provided through NCLR’s Homeownership Network (NHN).
How Lenders Benefit:
- Opportunity to take your existing leads lists and have them vetted giving you pre-qualified individuals.
- Receive additional leads that come in to the telephone line as a partner.
- Never say no…. refer clients that are not ready and counseling service will help get them ready over time, allowing you to maintain a relationship and a pipeline of leads that may return ready for homeownership.
- Reduced risk of mortgage default for referred borrowers.
- Increase efficiency in the lending process, as counseling helps the individual buyer not only navigate the process but collect proper support documentation.
- COST for service covered by GSFA.
How Homebuyers Benefit:
- Assistance in financial planning pre- and post-purchase.
- Loan pre-qualification review before meeting with a lender.
- Reduced risk of mortgage delinquency with budget counseling.
- COST for telephone-based counseling sponsored for homebuyer.
Bulletin contains highlights only. Please visit www.nhn.org/nhf for complete details or to initiate services.
Back to Top