SCORE Fairfield County, UCONN School of Business and the Walmart Foundation is hosting a two day program held on two consecutive Saturdays, for Military Veterans and their families designed to help them start a new business.
This program is a version of SCORE's Simple Steps For Starting Your Business, originally designed for clients who are just starting or thinking of starting a business, but re-purposed for the unique needs of Military Veterans.
You will learn about:
• How military experience relates or doesn't relate to becoming an entrepreneur.
• The Business Plan: its value, its purpose and how to construct it.
• Strategic Marketing: Selecting your customer and your products and services; determining your value proposition; pricing and competition.
• Tactical Marketing: Your marketing plan; the marketing message; marketing channels including: web marketing, social media, advertising, events and partnerships.
• Financial Planning: The uses of financial statements; projecting the financial value of your business and business strategy; introduction to a financial planning tool.
• Funding: Sources of funding; what they are; how to seek them; what to expect.
Saturday, March 9th and March 16th, 2013
9:00 am - 5:00 pm | check-in starts at 8:30 am
UConn - Hartford Campus
Graduate Business Learning Center (GBLC)
100 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103
Parking for UConn's Graduate Business Learning Center is available in the North Constitution Plaza Garage.
This is a FREE 2-day Program
To benefit from this program, you must attend both days
UConn Students who are veterans are also encouraged to register
To register please click on the link below:
SCORE is a non-profit organization that helps individuals start a new business or grow their existing business.
Fairfield County SCORE