Stan Nakano, Region VIII Acting Regional Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, announced the selection of Wayne Gardella as the new district director for the Montana SBA office. He officially started his duties at the district office January 21 after executive training in D.C.
Montana Small Businesses Encouraged to Learn How to Take Advantage of New Health Care Provisions
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) launched a new web page and blog dedicated to educating small business owners about the Affordable Care Act. The new tools will serve as a gateway for small business owners connecting them with information provided by SBA’s federal partners responsible for implementing the law, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Check it out now: www.sba.gov/healthcare and www.sba.gov/blog
Is your business stuck in neutral? SBA Hosting e200 Program in 2013 to Mentor and Train Montana Small Businesses
The Small Business Administration is bringing the Emerging Leaders 200 Initiative (e200) and its MBA-style program to Montana small businesses for the third year.
The free seven-month course begins in April in Helena. It includes approximately 40 hours of classroom time per participant and provides the opportunity for small business owners to work with experienced mentors, attend workshops and develop connections with their peers, city leaders and financial communities. Participants in the program will graduate with a clear three-year strategic plan for long term growth and strategies to achieve size and scale.
Email Tom White for more information or if you're interested in joining the program.
Missoula | Best Western Grant Creek | 5280 Grant Creek Road
February 28, 2013 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Getting registered for Federal and State contracting opportunities
- Generating additional revenue, profits and job opportunities for your business
- How to get the inside track on Federal and State contracting opportunities
- Specialty contracting programs that could benefit your business
- Receive information and shortcuts on the SAM registration process
How it works:
Just like a class you'd attend in person, courses are taught by a live instructor on a scheduled day and time. The web-enabled instructor-led training experience has much in common with the classroom equivalent. Students:
- Receive course materials in advance
- Participate in real time using a broadband connection
- Interact directly with the instructor and their peers
From your computer, you'll link to an instructor in a live, real-time, interactive learning experience. You'll become part of a virtual classroom where you can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and small group exercises.
- Federal Contracting and Government Contract Management | Part 1: February 4 | Part 2: February 5 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
- Construction Contracting | Part 1: February 6 | Part 2: February 7 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
- Marketing and Capture Management | Part 1: February 19 | Part 2: February 20 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
- Financial Managment for Government Contractors | Part 1: February 21 | Part 2: February 22 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
- E-Commerce and Internet Business Strategies | Part 1: February 25 | Part 2: February 26 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
- Proposal Preparation | Part 1: February 27 | Part 2: February 28 | 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (both days)
To register or find out more visit: https://stoverteam.adobeconnect.com/admin/show-event-catalog?folder-id=1108702729.
There is no cost for 7(j) eligible businesses. Contact Phyllis Embree or Chris Strudthoff, email@example.com or 770.423.9888, to see if your business is 7(j) eligible. This activity is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) contract number D12PC00504.
HUBZONE Eligibility Assistance
The HUBZone office offers eligibility assistance on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 to 3 p.m. (EST). Please call 1-888-858-2144 access code 3061773# to this interactive helpline forum where HUBZone staff will present a specific eligibility topic followed by a general question and answer session. For firms seeking application status or answers about supporting documentation, please email the SBA HUBZone Business Opportunity Specialist who you worked with.
Find out more about the HUBZone program at www.sba.gov/HUBZone.