Left to Right - Ruben Garcia, SBA District Director, San Diego; Rhett Jeppson, SBA Associate Administrator for Veteran Business Development; Bob Mulz, Board Chair, Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Network; Maria Hughes, SBA Lender Relations Specialist, San Diego; Jim Wong, Director, Veteran Business Outreach Center, SBA Region IX; Carlos Liu, SBA Business Opportunities Specialist, San Diego, at Boots to Business Seminar.
Students of Kearny High's School of International Business participated in a seminar about SBA Resources, Programs and Services presented by SBA District Director Ruben Garcia.
SBA Introduces New Online Portal for
2013 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
A new online portal has been launched by the U.S. Small Business Administration to accept nominations for its 2013 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year award.
The dedicated web portal, accessible at http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/, will make it easier to submit and track submissions of nominees for Small Business Week 2013, and is now actively accepting nominations of noteworthy small businesses.
> Read more
Note: This new online portal is optional and only works for the categories listed in the news release linked above. The San Diego District offers several additional categories and has a different nomination process for local awards. Nominees must be located within San Diego or Imperial Counties. Please contact Cynthia Harris at email@example.com for additional information and forms. Nominations due January 3, 2013.
SBA Unveils New Learning Portal for Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
The learning center is a redesigned, online learning portal for small business entrepreneurs. It has a streamlined, searchable catalog of small business educational resources including self-paced courses, videos and web sessions. The resources may be sorted by topic, making it easier to quickly locate helpful information. For instance, if you want to take a course on how to write your business plan, the learning center is a one-stop destination to find the course as well as other supporting content.
We know that your time is precious, and the Learning Center’s design significantly reduces the number of site pages that users have to visit to find a video or online course.
The learning center’s features include:
- Information available everywhere at any time for small business entrepreneurs
- Improved navigation that gives users one-click access to small business courses, videos or web chat sessions
- A quick snapshot of each form of media, including a brief description and system requirements
- Free online courses on topics such as How to Write a Business Plan, Essential Guide to Starting Your Own Business for Young Entrepreneurs, Government Contracting 101, Green Business Opportunities and Encore Entrepreneurs: An Introduction to Starting Your Own Business
- Recommended courses, videos or web sessions based on selections that the user makes while navigating
> Read more