(DES MOINES) – The U.S. Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations for its 2013 National Small Business Week Awards, including its annual Small Business Person of the Year award.
Each year, since 1963, SBA’s National Small Business Week has recognized outstanding participants in America’s small business community for their achievements and contributions to our nation’s economy. In 2013, this celebration will honor the estimated 27 million American small businesses.
Small Business Week 2013 Award Categories (reduced this year) include:
- State Small Business Persons of the Year (with national winners)
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding performances during disaster recovery)
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have utilized small businesses as suppliers and subcontractors)
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) contracting program)
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded Women’s Business Centers)
- Veterans Business Outreach Centers Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
State winners of the Small Business Person of the Year awards and winners in other categories are invited to attend the National Small Business Week celebreation in Washington D.C. in May and compete for national titles.
In Iowa, nominations must be submitted or postmarked to the SBA’s Des Moines District Office by January 3, 2013. For more information, including this year’s nomination guidelines and criteria please contact Dave Lentell at (515) 284-4522 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.