5th Annual Albany Matchmaker & Expo
Find procurement opportunities for your small business at Upstate NY's largest matchmaker!
The 2012 Albany Matchmaker & Expo will be held on Tuesday, September 11th at the Albany Marriott Hotel. The matchmaker offers small businesses the opportunity to meet with purchasing representatives from large corporations, state and federal agencies in individual 10-minute appointments.
Small businesses will be able to register and book appointments online for this annual sellout event starting August 15. The cost to attend is $45 per person, with two people per small business maximum. For the latest information on the event, including participating buyers
and online registration, please visit the event website at www.sba.gov/albanymatchmaker
Buyers range from GE, Xerox, and Welch Allyn to U.S. Veterans Affairs, DASNY, NYS Thruway and DEC. For a complete list of participating buyers and what small business products and certifications are in demand, please review the 2012 Buyer Listing at the Matchmaker website before registering for the event.
Event sponsors include NYBDC, Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce, Albany SBDC, Empire State Development, NYS Contract Reporter and SBA (Co-Sponsorship # 12-0248-105).
FREE Government Contracting Webinar Series
Learn more about government contracting without leaving your desk! SBA is offering a free webinar series for small business owners who are interested in learning how to market to the federal or state government and various federal programs and certifications.
The presentations will be held every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. EST. Recordings will be posted at the Albany Matchmaker website for those unable to attend the live presentation. For log in information, please visit www.sba.gov/albanymatchmaker
and scroll to the bottom of the site.
- August 1: Making The Matchmaker Work For You!
- August 8: ABCs of Government Contracting
- August 15: What Do Women Need To Know About Federal & NYS Contracting?
- August 22: Selling To The Government: What Really Works?
- August 29: Opening Doors To Federal Procurement Opportunities
- September 5: Doing Business With NYS: Your Business Is Our Business
SBA Syracuse Hosts Free HUBZone Seminar in Albany on August 22
The U.S. Small Business Administration is conducting a free HUBZone seminar on Wednesday, August 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce in Albany.
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) event will introduce small businesses to the program, help determine eligibility criteria, and support small business participation in the program. The session will feature contracting experts including representatives from SBA, NYS Small Business Development Center (SBDC), and CHA Consulting, Inc.
Did you know?
- Every year, the federal government awards over $500 billion in contracts, and a significant share of those contracts are specifically allotted to small businesses.
- SBA works with federal agencies to assist them in identifying and awarding contracts in order to meet the 23% statutory goal of government-wide small business prime contracting.
- Agencies are also required to award 3% of contracts to small businesses located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZones).
In order to qualify for the HUBZone program, the business must be located in an area designated as a HUBZone. You may determine if an address or a particular area is designated as a HUBZone by visiting http://www.sba.gov/hubzone
and using the map application. The Capital Region map above has HUBZones in the green shaded areas. To register, please visit the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce events website at www.Acchamber.org/events.aspx