August 27, 2014
- HHS/National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR): Specialized Center Grant (P50). Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancer for Year 2014. Deadline is September 23, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/Indian Health Service (IHS): National Indian Health Outreach and Education Grant. Deadline is September 25, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS): Exploratory Grant Program in Parkinson's Disease Research (P20). Deadline is September 29, 2014. Learn more.
Non Federal Grants
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/Conquer Cancer Foundation: 2015 Young Investigator Award (YIA). The purpose of program is to fund physicians during the transition from a fellowship program to a faculty appointment. Deadline is September 25, 2014. Learn more.
- Saving Tiny Hearts Society: Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) Research Grant. Seed money awarded to under-funded grass roots research of CHDs. Deadline is September 26, 2014. Learn more.
- United Methodist Health Ministry Fund/The Impact Funding Team: 2014 Breastfeeding Grant. Will fund projects designed to increase breastfeeding rates among residents of Kansas. Deadline is October 11, 2014. Learn more.
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)/Lesbian Health Fund (LHF): Research Projects. LHF's mission is to improve the health of lesbians, other sexual minority women (SMW) and their families through research. Deadline is October 15, 2014. Learn more.
- Community Foundation of Broward County: Ignite! Innovation Grant Program. Priority will be given to the foundation's eight focus areas: Poverty to Prosperity, Cancel Cancer, Youth Engagement, Going Green, Health and Wellness, LGBT, Aging with Dignity, and Justice for Animals. Deadline is October 17, 2014. Learn more.
Scholarships / Fellowships
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF): Future of Nursing Scholars Program. Schools with research-focused PhD programs in nursing are eligible to apply. Deadline is October 1, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/HRSA, HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)'s Division for Policy and Data (DPD): Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Fellow. The fellow will support HAB in conducting analyses and evaluations on the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. Open until filled. Learn more.
- HHS, the US Small Business Administration (SBA), and the Small Business Majority: Webinar en español. Lo Que Significa la Ley de Salud para su Pequeña Empresa. September 9, 2014, 4:00 pm ET. Regístrese.
- HHS/Indian Health Services (IHS), Division of Diabetes Treatment and Prevention: Webinar. Exploring Innovative Sources to Improve Diabetes Care. This webinar will highlight the Denver Indian Health and Family Services Diabetes Program. August 27, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Learn more.
- Health Equity Initiative (HEi): Workshop. Strategies for Successful Multi-Sectoral Partnerships. September 4, 2014, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET. Register.
- Cross Cultural Health Care Program: Registration now open for Closing the Gap: Cultural Competency Training of Trainers Institute. This program provides an intensive 5-day course for organizations to meet mandates and recommendations for culturally and linguistically appropriate services. October 27-31, 2014 in Seattle, WA. Learn more.
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry, in partnership with HRSA, the DentaQuest Foundation, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research: Registration now open for Innovations in the Prevention and Treatment of Early Childhood Caries. Early registration deadline is September 23, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH, Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH): Registration open for the 2014 PEPH Meeting, Communication Research in Environmental Health Sciences: Environmental Health Literacy. Deadline is September 8, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/OMH, National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities (NPA), the Federal Interagency Health Equity Team, and the Association for State and Territorial Health Officials: Webinar. Promoting Behavioral Health Equity through the California Reducing Disparities Project and Office of Health Equity. September 15, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Register.
- HHS/Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF): New resource. The Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 2014. This new pocket guide provides family physicians, internists, pediatricians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other clinicians with an authoritative source for making decisions about preventive services. Read full report | PDF (2.25 MB)
- HHS/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI): Meeting. Annual Sickle Cell Disease Clinical Research Meetings. Health Care professionals and researchers will convene to participate in discussions of ongoing clinical studies, develop new trials and identify potential therapeutic avenues for complications of sickle cell disease. September 17-18, 2014 in Bethesda, MD. Learn more.
- HHS/CDC, Million Hearts: Hypertension Control Challenge. 2014 Million Hearts Blood Pressure Control Champions. Clinicians, practices, and health systems that provide primary care and have achieved hypertension control rates greater than 70% are eligible to enter. Deadline is October 10, 2014. Learn more.
- Howard University: Call for abstracts for the 5th Annual International Conference on Stigma, Lean on Me! Standing Together for Human Rights in Health. This conference seeks to increase awareness about HIV-related stigma as a major barrier to prevention and treatment, and a violation of human rights. Deadline is September 15 2014. Learn more.
- OMHRC: Registration now open for the 2nd United States Conference on African Immigrant Health (USCAIH 2014), Health Behaviors of the African Diaspora: Culture, Integration, Migration. OMHRC and African-serving organizations in the US are hosting USCAIH 2014 to enhance the capacity of community- and faith-based organizations to address health disparities among African immigrants and refugees the US. Deadline is September 3, 2014. Register.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA): Call for abstracts for the 19th Annual Conference, Effective Strategies to Improve Healthcare in Our Local Communities. Deadline is September 30, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD): Seminar. Toward Understanding the Pathobiology of Preeclampsia and the Underlying Mechanism of Vitamin D Involvement - Unpacking the Placental, Immune, and Demographic Components. September 4, 2014, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET in Bethesda, MD. Learn more.
- HHS/Region V and the Office on Women’s Health (OWH): Webcast. Healthier Pregnancy: Tools and Techniques to Best Provide ACA-Covered Preventive Services. This webcast will share best practices on how health care providers can incorporate ACA pre-natal and perinatal preventive services. September 23, 2014, 9:00 am ET. Register.
- Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR): Lecture. Henrietta Lacks Memorial Lecture. October 11, 2014 in Baltimore, MD. Register.
- Autism Women's Network (AWN): Call for submissions for the Autism & Race Anthology. AWN seeks non-fiction or poetry written by autistic people of color about their lives and experiences. Deadline is November 15, 2014. Learn more.
- NASA Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP): Meeting. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) Partnerships Meeting. September 17, 2014 in Huntsville, AL. Register.
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)/Office of Health Equity and the American Journal of Public Health (AJPH): New resource. The AJPH VA Health Equity Supplement. This supplement focuses on improving the understanding of the root causes of health and health care disparities and on reducing/eliminating such disparities among vulnerable Veteran populations. Read full issue.
- HHS/ACF, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) is recruiting for a FT, permanent Field Program Specialist (HHS-ACF-DE-14-1156953) position in various US locations. Deadline is September 26, 2014. Apply.
- The interagency Federal Strategic Action Plan on Services for Victims of Human Trafficking in the United States 2013−2017 presents a five-year path to further strengthen coordination, collaboration, and capacity across governmental and nongovernmental entities dedicated to providing support to the victims of human trafficking, regardless of the victims’ race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, gender, immigration status, sexual orientation, or the type of trafficking they endured. Search our catalog.