August 20, 2014
- HHS/National Institutes of Health (NIH): Developing Interventions for Health-Enhancing Physical Activity (R21/R33) Grant. Deadline is September 7, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH: Testing Interventions for Health-Enhancing Physical Activity (R01) Grant. Deadline is September 7, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA): Ryan White Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program. Deadline is September 19, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Research Demonstration and Disseminations Projects (R18). Health Services Research Demonstration and Dissemination Grants. Deadline is September 25, 2014. Learn more.
Non Federal Grants
- Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF): Global Treatment Sciences Challenge Awards for Lethal Prostate Cancer. Deadline is September 22, 2014. Learn more.
Scholarships / Fellowships
- HHS/HRSA, HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)'s Division for Policy and Data (DPD): Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Fellow. The fellow will support HAB in conducting analyses and evaluations on the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. Open until filled. Learn more.
- Seattle Indian Health Board/Urban Indian Health Institute (UIHI): Webinar. Analyzing Evaluation Data. This webinar will support urban Indian health organizations in understanding the basic framework for analyzing qualitative and quantitative evaluation data to examine program effectiveness. August 26, 2014, 12:00 pm PT. Register.
- HHS/Indian Health Services (IHS), Division of Diabetes Treatment and Prevention: Webinar. Exploring Innovative Sources to Improve Diabetes Care. This webinar will highlight the Denver Indian Health and Family Services Diabetes Program. August 27, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Learn more.
- New Jersey Statewide Network for Cultural Competence (NJSNCC): Registration now open for the NJSNCC National Conference, Improving the Quality of Care and Services for Diverse Communities: New Directions for New Jersey and the Nation. September 12, 2014 in Monroe Township, NJ. Register.
- Cross Cultural Health Care Program: Registration now open for Closing the Gap: Cultural Competency Training of Trainers Institute. This program provides an intensive 5-day course for organizations to meet mandates and recommendations for culturally and linguistically appropriate services. October 27-31, 2014 in Seattle, WA. Learn more.
- Americas Caribbean Incapacitates Organization (ACIO): Health fair. Educational Festival of Health. Event will feature health screenings and education. August 23-24, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA. For further information, please contact Norma Ortega.
- NPA, the Federal Interagency Health Equity Team, and the Association for State and Territorial Health Officials: Webinar. Minnesota's Healthy Minnesota Partnership and Health Equity in All Policies Approach. August 22, 2014, 3:00 pm ET. Register.
- University of Hawai'i School of Medicine/Center for Native and Pacific Health Disparities Research and the Department of Native Hawaiian Health: Registration now open for the 9th Annual He Huliau Health Disparities Conference, Community-Academic Partnerships for Pacific Health Equity. September 18-20, 2014 in Ko Olina, Oahu, HI. Register.
- HHS/SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions, in collaboration with the National Council for Behavioral Health: Webinar. Making Apps and Web-based Tools Part of Your Integrated Behavioral Health Team. August 21, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Register.
- HHS/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Office of Translational Alliances and Coordination (OTAC): Registration now open for the NHLBI Regional Innovation Conference - Southeast. This conference brings together small businesses, angel investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners, and business leaders from the biotech, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries. September 22, 2014 in Triangle Park, NC. Learn more.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL): Webinar. Health Care Workforce: Increasing Diversity to Meet Your State’s Needs. August 28, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Register.
- American Heart Association: Registration now open for the High Blood Pressure Research 2014 Scientific Sessions (HPBR 2014). September 9-12, 2014 in San Francisco, CA. Register.
- Hep B United: New report. Opportunities for Federal-Community Collaboration to Reduce Disparities in Hepatitis B: 2014-2016. This report highlights recommendations on how local coalitions and federal agencies can collaborate to further the goals identified in HHS Action Plan for the Prevention, Care, & Treatment of Viral Hepatitis. Read full report.
- National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC): Registration now open for the United States Conference on AIDS (USCA14). October 2-5, 2014 in San Diego, CA. Register.
- Albuquerque Area Indian Health Board (AAIHB): Call for abstracts for the Twelfth Circle of Harmony HIV/AIDS Wellness Conference, Honoring Community Engagement through Awareness, Prevention, & Care. Submit abstracts to Ayn N. Whyte. Deadline is December 5, 2014.
- HHS/ACF, in collaboration with OMH and OWH: Training. SOAR to Health and Wellness Training.
This pilot training explains human trafficking, and the role of health care professionals in identifying and
responding effectively to potential victims. September 9-29, 2014 in various
locations. Learn more.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA): Call for abstracts for the 19th Annual Conference, Effective Strategies to Improve Healthcare in Our Local Communities. Deadline is September 30, 2014. Learn more.
- Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP): Call for Session Proposals for AMCHP 2015: United to Build Healthier Communities. Deadline is August 22, 2014. Learn more.
- CityMatCH: Registration now open for the 2014 CityMatCH Leadership and MCH Epidemiology Conference. Deadline for early registration is August 22, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD): Seminar. Toward Understanding the Pathobiology of Preeclampsia and the Underlying Mechanism of Vitamin D Involvement - Unpacking the Placental, Immune, and Demographic Components. September 4, 2014, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET in Bethesda, MD. Learn more.
- Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR): Lecture. Henrietta Lacks Memorial Lecture. October 11, 2014 in Baltimore, MD. Register.
Office of Minority Health Resource Center (OMHRC)
- OMHRC (HeiTech Services Inc.) is recruiting for an experienced Capacity Building Program Analyst for American Indian/Alaska Native Populations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in developing and implementing awareness and outreach programs with a focus on AI/AN communities. Knowledge of public health, health education and the impact of health disparities on tribal populations is required. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically, collaborate effectively, and manage operations efficiently. S/he should be a strong communicator with training skills who understands program development and operations and organizational strategy in progressive nonprofit environments. Open until filled. Apply.
- HHS/ACF, Office of the Assistant Secretary is recruiting for a FT, permanent Senior Advisor - Anti-Human Trafficking (HHS-ACF-DE-14-1173504) position in Washington, DC. Deadline is August 22, 2014. Apply.
- HHS/ACF, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) is recruiting for a FT, permanent Field Program Specialist (HHS-ACF-DE-14-1156953) position in various US locations. Deadline is September 26, 2014. Apply.
Hospital, Health Center or Clinic
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Disparities Solutions Center (DSC) is recruiting for a FT Research Assistant (Job ID: 2255996) position in Boston, MA. Open until filled. Apply.
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff/Minority Research Center on Tobacco & Addictions (MRC) is recruiting for a FT Research Assistant position. Open until filled. To apply, please contact Dr. Valandra L. German.
- Boston College/Graduate School of Social Work is recruiting for an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Environmental Justice and Social Inequality position in Chestnut Hill, MA. Open until filled. Apply.
Organizations / Non-Profits
- The AIDS Institute is recruiting for a Policy Associate position in Washington, DC. Deadline is August 22, 2014. Apply.
- FDA Gives Latinas Tools to Fight Diabetes reveals that nearly one million Latinas aren’t aware that they are at risk of developing diabetes, and many will likely not get the preventive care they need. Overall, diabetes affects nearly 26 million Americans (8.3 percent of the population). To help prevent the spread of diabetes, the FDA offers resources to help women of Latin American ancestry and all Americans reduce their risk or to find the most effective treatment. Search our catalog.