August 6, 2014
- HHS/Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Research Demonstration and Disseminations Projects (R18). Health Services Research Demonstration and Dissemination Grants. Deadline is September 25, 2014. Learn more.
Non Federal Grants
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation: Quality of Life Grants Program. Grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations that provide services to individuals with paralysis. Deadline is September 2, 2014. Learn more.
- HCA Foundation: Health and Well Being Grants. Accepting applications from nonprofit community organizations based in middle Tennessee. Deadline is September 12, 2014. Learn more.
- Saving Tiny Hearts Society: Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) Research Grant. Seed money awarded to under-funded grass roots research of CHDs. Deadline is September 26, 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/OMH Region V and the Office on Women's Health (OWH): Meeting. Healthier Pregnancy - Tools and Techniques to Best Provide ACA-Covered Preventive Services. This event will provide pre– and perinatal care professionals with tips and techniques to successfully implement and integrate preventive services into their practice. September 23, 2014, 9:00 am - 10:30 am ET in Columbus, OH. Learn more.
- Seattle Indian Health Board/Urban Indian Health Institute (UIHI): Webinar. Gathering Credible Data. This webinar will provide an overview of the guiding principles for collecting evaluation data, considerations when choosing data collection methods, and various methods of qualitative and quantitative data collection. August 19, 2014, 11:00 am PT. Register.
- University of Maryland/Center for Health Equity, in partnership with Catholic Charities and the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: Call for volunteers for the Mid-Maryland Mission of Mercy and Health Equity Festival. Clinical and non-clinical volunteers are needed, including: dentists, hygienists, dental technicians, and dental assistants. September 4-6, 2014 in College Park, MD. Learn more.
- HHS/NIH, National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP): Webinar. Working Together to Manage Diabetes: Tools and Strategies for Pharmacy, Podiatry, Optometry, and Dentistry. August 18, 2014, 12:00 pm ET. Register.
- Virtual Immunization Communication Network (VICNetwork): Webinar. Are You Ready for Flu? CDC's Recommendations and Communication Plans for the 2014-2015 Influenza Season. August 13, 2014, 2:00 pm ET. Register.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) and RESOLVE: Webinar. Shale Development and Communities: Introducing a Guidebook for Health Officials. This webinar will offer the opportunity to provide input and help shape a guidebook on facts and the potential health issues of fracking. August 6, 2014, 3:00 pm ET. Register.
- HHS/NIH, Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH): Registration open for the 2014 PEPH Meeting, Communication Research in Environmental Health Sciences: Environmental Health Literacy. Deadline is September 8, 2014. Learn more.
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHHD): Call for abstracts for the 2014 Grantees' Conference, Transdisciplinary Collaborations: Evolving Dimensions of US and Global Health Equity. Deadline is August 15, 2014. Submit.
- National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities (NPA), the Federal Interagency Health Equity Team, and the Association for State and Territorial Health Officials: Webinar. Minnesota's Healthy Minnesota Partnership and Health Equity in All Policies Approach. August 22, 2014, 3:00 pm ET. Register.
- Maryland Nonprofits, in partnership with the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers: Registration now open for the 2014 Annual Conference: Connecting for Impact. November 5, 2014 in Rockville, MD. Register.
- Howard University: Call for abstracts for the 5th Annual International Conference on Stigma, Lean on Me! Standing Together for Human Rights in Health. This conference seeks to increase awareness about HIV-related stigma as a major barrier to prevention and treatment, and a violation of human rights. Deadline is September 15 2014. Learn more.
- HHS/ACF, in collaboration with OMH and OWH: Training. SOAR to Health and Wellness Training.
This pilot training explains human trafficking, and the role of health care professionals in identifying and
responding effectively to potential victims. September 9-29, 2014 in various
locations. Learn more.
- OMHRC: Call for abstracts for the 2nd United States Conference on African Immigrant Health (USCAIH 2014), Health Behaviors of the African Diaspora: Culture, Integration, Migration. Abstracts are invited for poster and oral presentations, related to all health issues that affect African immigrants and refugees, especially in the context of their culture, migration and integration. Deadline is August 12, 2014. Submit.
- HHS recognizes August as National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). For further information, social media announcements and banners, toolkits, and other resources you or your organization can use to raise awareness, please visit Healthfinder.gov, CDC, and the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC).
- HHS/ACF, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR): Hotline for parents of unaccompanied children. ORR operates a Parent Hotline 7 days per week from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm ET, for parents seeking to locate their children in ORR care. ORR opera una línea directa 7 días a la semana 9:00 am - 9:00 pm ET para los padres que tratan de localizar a sus hijos en el cuidado de la ORR. 1-800-203-7001.
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Volunteer Corps: RAM Clinic. Offers free dental, vision, general medical, prevention, and education services. August 16-17, 2014 in Oklahoma City, OK. Learn more.
- Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT): Registration now open for the 19th International Conference & Summit on Violence, Abuse & Trauma. September 7–10, 2014 in San Diego, CA. Register.
- HHS/NIH, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): Twitter Chat on Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). PMDD has been recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-V), as a mental disorder. Please use #NIMHchats to learn more about symptoms, causes, and treatments. August 7, 2014, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET. Learn more.
Office of Minority Health Resource Center (OMHRC)
- OMHRC (HeiTech Services Inc.) is recruiting for an experienced Capacity Building Program Analyst for American Indian/Alaska Native Populations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in developing and implementing awareness and outreach programs with a focus on AI/AN communities. Knowledge of public health, health education and the impact of health disparities on tribal populations is required. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically, collaborate effectively, and manage operations efficiently. S/he should be a strong communicator with training skills who understands program development and operations and organizational strategy in progressive nonprofit environments. Open until filled. Apply.
- Boston College/Graduate School of Social Work is recruiting for an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Environmental Justice and Social Inequality position in Chestnut Hill, MA. Open until filled. Apply.
Organizations / Non-Profits
- The AIDS Institute is recruiting for a Policy Associate position in Washington, DC. Deadline is August 22, 2014. Apply.
- Previous research demonstrates that married men are more likely than not-married men to seek preventive health care services because their spouses encourage them to do so. In Marriage, Cohabitation, and Men's Use of Preventive Health Care Services, a data brief by the CDC, key findings from the 2011–2012 National Health Interview Survey reveal whether cohabiting partners of not-married men play a health-promoting role similar to that of spouses. Search our catalog.