The Seward Coop has submitted its land use applications to the City of Minneapolis, describing its site plan and how the space for its proposed grocery store and parking lot in the Bryant neighborhood will designed and used. This application process includes a request for rezoning lots from residential (R1A) to commercial (C1), which would allow the operation of a grocery store.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday June 9, 2014, at 4:30 pm, in Room 317 City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Minneapolis, MN; the public is invited to attend and be heard at this meeting. As well, you can submit comments in writing (via letter or e-mail) to: Becca Farrar, Senior Planner, 250 S 4th St, Room 300, Minneapolis, MN 55415, Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org; (612) 673-2526.
You can view Seward’s submitted site plan and elevation drawings here.
You can find out more about Seward’s proposed store, including site plan designs and notes from their hosted community meetings, here.
Here is the full text of the notice of public hearing:
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Cresa, on behalf of Seward Co-op, has made the following applications for the properties located at 317 38th St E, 3800 & 3808 Clinton Ave S and 3805, 3815, 3817, 3821 & 3825 3rd Ave S:
- Petition to rezone the subject properties located at 317 38th St E, 3800 & 3808 Clinton Ave S, and 3805 & 3815 3rd Ave S from the R1A (Single-family) District to the C1 (Neighborhood Commercial) District;
- Petition to rezone the subject properties located at 3817, 3821 & 3825 3rd Ave S to add the TP (Transitional Parking) Overlay District;
- Conditional use permit to establish a surface parking lot in the TP (Transitional Parking) Overlay District;
- Variance to reduce the front yard setback along the west property line adjacent to 3rd Ave S for the proposed parking lot from 20 feet to approximately 7 feet;
- Variance to reduce the front yard setback for the first 25 feet from south to north along the east property line adjacent to Clinton Ave S from approximately 17 feet (established) to zero feet;
- Variance to reduce the rear yard setback for the proposed parking lot from 5 feet to approximately 2 feet, 3 inches;
- Variance of the TP (Transitional Parking) Overlay District standards: (1) to increase the allowable width of a surface parking lot in the TP from 75 feet to approximately 136 feet; and (2) to not close the parking lot with a secure gate or other appropriate mechanism between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.;
- Variance to increase the maximum size of a commercial use in the C1 district from 4,000 square feet to approximately 21,295 square feet;
- Variance to increase the maximum amount of impervious surface from 65% to approximately 79.3% on the R1A zoned parcels located at 3817, 3821 & 3825 3rd Ave S;
- Variance of the roof sign standards regarding height, location and type.
- Site plan review to allow a new two-story or 47 foot tall, approximately 21,295 square foot grocery store on the subject properties;
- Preliminary and final plat to consolidate the underlying properties into two lots;
- Alley vacation to vacate a portion of the existing alley that runs north/south and provide a new outlet to 3rd Ave S.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday, June 9, 2014, at 4:30 p.m., in Room 317 City Hall, 350 S. 5th St., Minneapolis, MN. Interested parties are invited to attend and be heard. Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/planning for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
In accordance with the Zoning Code, all property owners within 350 feet of the subject property are notified of this public hearing. If you have questions about the project, please contact the City staff person listed below. If you would like to submit comments, you can make them verbally at the meeting or submit them in writing to:
Becca Farrar, Senior Planner - 250 South 4th St Room 300, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone (612) 673-3594 Fax (612) 673-2526 E-mail: Rebecca.Farrar@minneapolismn.gov.
The meeting site is wheelchair accessible; if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact NCR@minneapolismn.gov or 612- 673-3737 (673-2157 TTY/VOICE) at least five days prior to the meeting.
BZZ-6507, PL-282 and Vac-1631