Current Physician and Osteopathic Physician Licenses
expire on June 30, 2011. If you have not renewed your license:
- You may renew your license(s) online 24 hrs a day/7 days a week with the IPLA online renewal service, paying with your Visa, Discover or MasterCard credit or debit card. To expedite the renewal process, we recommend that you renew online.
- Your login ID will be your license number (8 digits + A).
- Your password will be the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- The renewal fee is $200. The CSR renewal fee is $60 for each CSR you renew. Additional online processing fees apply.
- If renewing to Inactive status, the renewal fee is $100. Additional online processing fees apply.
- You may update your address, email, & phone numbers during the online renewal process.
- The online renewal process takes only minutes to complete and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.
Renewing Inactive to Active
If your license is currently Inactive and you would like to renew it to Active status, you will need to contact the board for a paper renewal. Please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the words "Inactive to Active Renewal" in your subject line.
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency no longer automatically issues license cards following renewal. If you need to purchase a new license card you may do so online only. A free, printable license-card is also available. Walk-in customers will not be issued pocket cards. Please note that permanent pocket license cards no longer contain expiration dates, although a card with an expiration date is also available separately online.
If your license expires, you may still renew after the June 30, 2011 expiration date, but you will be assessed a $50 late fee -- in addition to the standard renewal fees. Please be aware that there are no exceptions – if you renew late, you must pay the late renewal fee in order to renew your expired license.
If you have an address change for your state controlled substance registration (CSR) you need to email that address change to pla3@pla.IN.gov CSRs must contain Indiana practice addresses. If you are not practicing in Indiana, you do not need to renew your CSR at this time. Address changes on your medical license may be changed during the online renewal process.
If you need to renew your license by mail:
- Email your request to: email@example.com.
- Include "Renewal Form" in the subject line of your e-mail.
- You will need to print the form, answer all the questions, and sign it.
- Mail the signed and completed form, along with your check or money order, to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address will be provided with your e-mailed form.
- Please allow two (2) weeks for the processing of your paper renewal.
All licensed prescribers and dispensers are eligible for an account with Indiana's Prescription Monitoring Program, better known as INSPECT. The INSPECT program provides a web-based service through which health practitioners may access patient controlled substance history information 24/7. If you are a prescriber or dispenser, or if you work with one, please visit www.in.gov/inspect to register or obtain information about the program. Get Registered For INSPECT Today!