Florida DEP Banner


CONTACT: DEP Press Office, 850.245.2112,


~Bike Path Country will seek corporate sponsors for seven state trails~

TALLAHASSEE – The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Florida Park Service finalized an agreement to seek sponsors for seven state trails. Bike Path Country will act as an intermediary on behalf of the state to seek and provide corporate sponsors on seven state trails.

The seven trails include  Blackwater River Heritage Trail, Tallahassee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail, Nature Coast State Trail, Withlacoochee State Trail, the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage State Trail, General James A. Van Fleet State Trail and the Palatka-Lake Butler State Trail. Sponsorship signs can be placed only at trailheads or access points authorized in the agreement and can be no larger than 16 square feet at trailheads and 4 square feet at access points. In 2013, these seven trails drew a combined 2.74 million visitors.

“We are pleased to partner with Bike Path Country on this initiative,” said Donald Forgione, Director of the Florida Park Service, “This is an opportunity for corporate sponsors to reach active trail users.”

Bike Path Country and the sponsors will also provide cross promotional activities at no cost to the state. The items could include:

  • Quick Response or "QR" codes
  • Website and mobile applications promoting Florida’s state parks and trails
  • Promoting state parks and trails at local, state and national trade shows and events
  • Sponsoring and supporting events at the community, regional or state level that promote Florida’s many recreational, natural and cultural resources.

The contract is initially for one year and will provide the state 50 percent of gross revenue obtained from sponsorships. Renewals will result in a one percent increase each year up to five years.

Under the law, 85 percent of sponsorship proceeds shall be deposited into the State Park Trust Fund that is the source of funding for management and operation of state greenways and trails facilities and properties. The remaining 15 percent shall be deposited into the State Transportation Trust Fund for use in the Traffic and Bicycle Safety Education Program and the Safe Paths to School Program administered by the Department of Transportation.